Full day workshop: Quality Assurance of Online Course Design
Friday, Jan. 11, 2008, 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Witkowski 21
This workshop will examine strategies and techniques for assuring quality in the design and development of online courses. The morning session will focus on the use of the Quality Matters (QM) rubric for assuring the instructional design quality of the online course. The afternoon session will include a broader discussion of other strategies and methods by a number of instructional designers involved in online course design from several Penn State colleges and campuses.
Topics will include:
* Applying the QM Rubric to the Online Course Design Process (consider teaming up with your faculty members to work on one of your online course designs)
* Variations on a QA Theme (panel discussion)
* The Faculty Perspective on Online Course Design
* The Quality Matters @ PSU project
* Strategies for Managing the Online Workload
Please check more details in the flyer and the parking map.