College Teaching Seminar Series
- Teaching Millennials: Engaging our Students with Instructional Strategies | Jan. 19, 2012
- Assessing Student Learning at the Program Level | Jan. 30, 2012
More to come.
Fall 2011 Polycom sessions by Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence
- Teaching Large Classes: Experienced Panel Discussion | Sep. 29, 2011
- Classroom Assessment Techniques | Oct. 18, 2011
- Teaching Large Classes: Active Learning with Clickers | Oct. 25, 2011
- Best Practices for Designing Effective Multiple Choice Tests | Nov. 1, 2011
- Item Analysis of Multiple Choice Questions | Nov. 2, 2011
- *Grading Effeciently and Effectively in Large Classes | Nov. 8, 2011
- *Reading Assignments: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly | Nov. 30, 2011
* Session summary available upon request.
Past Academic Years
Fall 2011, Spring 2011
Fall 2010, Spring 2010, Erie Colloquy by Dr. Stewart Ross
Fall 2009, Spring 2009,
Fall 2008, Spring 2008, Workshops by Dr. Jill Lane,
Fall 2007, Spring 2007,
Fall 2006, Spring 2006,
Certificate award receptions: 2007, 2006, 2005
Behrend College Teaching Certificate Requirements
Faculty members who attend 8 or more seminars or teaching luncheons (ANGEL and Clicker technology sessions excluded) and complete two reflective written assignments over two years will receive the Behrend College Teaching Seminar Certificate. While this certificate does not constitute teaching "certification," it does document your participation in this program and can be included in your teaching portfolio.